Wedding blessing

Olivia

I hope someone could advise please. My husband and I are celebrating our 50th birthday next year which also coincides with being together for 30 years. We have been to Florence once before and completely fell in love with it. So to celebrate, we would like to have our wedding blessed in Florence in September with our two children. Could anyone suggest where we could do this in Florence? We don't want anything grand, and just want us and the kids there then go for a nice meal together. Any recommendations for restaurants would be greatly appreciated also.
Many thanks.

Congrats on turning 50 and being together for 30 years! Florence is an awesome place to celebrate, especially getting a wedding blessing. I'd suggest checking out St. Mark's or the Chiesa di Ognissanti for the ceremony. When it comes to grub, hit up Enoteca Pinchiorri or Ora d'Aria for fancy food or Trattoria Mario and Osteria de' Benci for something more laid back. Have a blast!
I hope someone could advise please. My husband and I are celebrating our 50th birthday next year which also coincides with being together for 30 years. We have been to Florence once before and completely fell in love with it. So to celebrate, we would like to have our wedding blessed in Florence in September with our two children. Could anyone suggest where we could do this in Florence? We don't want anything grand, and just want us and the kids there then go for a nice meal together. Any recommendations for restaurants would be greatly appreciated also.
Many thanks.

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! Coming to celebrate that and your birthdays here in Florence will make both magical, for you both and your children.

I second the recommendation about St. Mark's but I'm not so sure about Ognissanti. I would suggest getting in touch with St. James, and both of them can do a blessing in English.

As for a nice restaurant, how nice are you thinking of? You don't mention a time of year, so if it is in the warmer months I would suggest something high up with a view on a terrace, such as Sesto at the top of the Westin Excelsior.
Take a look at some other options here:

You also don't mention the ages of your kids, I have an 11, 6 and 4 year old and I wouldn't take even the oldest to the Enoteca Pinchiorri which is like the top of dining in all of Florence. It would just be wasted even on her, because mine are happy with pizza or pasta any day so going to a gourmet restaurant would not be appreciated at all.

My kids would be more for the trattoria, we have a list here of some of our favorites:
Buca Mario and Trattoria La Casalinga are good options for both Florentine steak for the adults as well as pasta dishes for the kids and still very nice in general for a special meal/occasion. You might try several of them during your stay! I also like Osteria di Giovanni on Via del Moro, for the same reasons. Let me know if I can help with any more questions as you plan your stay!