Public Transport to Mugello Race track

Hi can you please tell me if tickets can be bought for Sunday only, as we are in the area and would love to go. Sorry for very short notice.
Thanks

Mugello 2014

Many thanks for help with getting to mugello this year 2014.
However for people to learn from us,,,,,,
We did choose the train from Florence, 07.30 approx ( this was the easy bit) to San Piero in sieve , which is more like a 6 km walk to track, little too far to walk. I thought if being 3km we could of walked.
The other station is probably nearer and better.

However on the Sunday,,,,, one bus waiting at station which got filled up ASAP.
So, a lot of people waiting patiently, still to get to the track and not knowing what to do.

A few mini van taxis did turn up, 5 euros each person, little bit of a race and speed to get a seat. Some may of Been unofficial.

Not half enough spaces for all. It was by luck that we did get a space after trying for probably 30mins and just hoping.
I just wish there was general info to tell the public.

Few people walked and tried to hitch , but little general traffic was around on a Sunday.
We were just relieved to get taken to the track to see the warm ups.

We had a great day,,,,,,, but didn't really think about getting home .
At The end of the day,, no buses, no taxis available near the gates at the end and no traffic able to get through. Taxi phone numbers on side, of no use. Police wouldn't let them in anyway.
Very hot day!!!

No choice but to start walking.
I would advise you book a taxi for a certain time before the race finishes, they may get in early and wait??!
Again by luck, we walked for 30mins and near a junction , with luck a mini bus going to the other train station was there and we jumped on it. This was a small bus, we were lucky, we just started walking to the nearest village with hope of getting a taxi.

Many drove and parked on sides of roads,, I would defiantly recommend driving next time.

Races were fab, but transport another story.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us!

It is really disappointing to hear that the race track does not coordinate better with local transportation to provide easier access to the track on those 3 days and leaves spectators to figure out how to get there and back on their own :(.

I can confirm, arriving by train to San Piero a Sieve you are further away from the race track than if you go to Borgo San Lorenzo.

Although driving there does sound like the best alternative, there ends up being too many of them and traffic can be crazy! Maybe then the best alternative is to wait a bit before leaving... and arriving really early.

Thank you again for sharing - this thread is read by MANY every year so the info shared on here really is very important and useful!

transportaion from Borgo san lorenzo to Scarperia/mugello circuit

Hi,

I am going to arrive for the race day only (31.5, sunday).
I plan to take the train from Firenze to Borgo.
If I understand correctly, AMV buses will not be operating on sunday. How then could I reach the race track from Borgo?

Thanks in advance.

Dafna

Thats' correct! From Borgo to the racetrack and back you'll have to do as others have shared - with a shuttle or taxi. If extremely crowded, you might have to walk. It is about 6 km - have you read the article that summarizes everything already? here it is:
http://www.discovertuscany.com/mugello/mugello-circuit.html

Ronta to Mugello race track

Bongiorno & good morning. I am planning to attend the MotoGp races in 2019. I am staying at a B & B in Ronta, wondering if it is possible to walk to the circuit from there? I don't speak Italian, luckily for me my hosts speak English. I will ask them as well. Arriving at Ronta on the Thursday so should have time to work something out. I have read some advice on this forum, any other advice is welcome. Thank you & grazie Steve.

Walking to the tracks

Buongiorno,

what I see on the map shows about 11 - 15 km depending on the trail you decide to take. Personally, I don't know if this is really feasible - and I love to walk, especially because the Mugello area is fabulous! However, your host may be able to give you a few pointers of how to get closer and reduce the walk, and find easy parking.

Do be careful to park in only well-marked areas, you wouldn't want to get a ticket because you parked in an area which is off limits.

Have a look at this article, it may provide a few pointers for the race track:
https://www.discovertuscany.com/mugello/mugello-circuit.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Grazie Donna Denise, thank you.

Buongiorno Donna Denise.
Grazie. I think I will be able to use the train, Buses & taxi for Friday, Saturday & Sunday morning.
Wondering if walking is a possibility just in case Sunday after the races is a challenge.
Different maps give me only a rough indication so thanks for some real figures, 11 - 15 km is possible.
I could walk that far if I had to, no problem. Walking is plan B or C. I will know more once I reach Tuscany.
Also wondering if there is a gate that gives me a shorter walk. Will look around on Friday & Saturday.
I have looked at this article, it does provide many pointers for the race track, thanks Donna Denise.
https://www.discovertuscany.com/mugello/mugello-circuit.html

Grazie mille Donna Denise and discovertuscany

Hi,
I see this thread wasn't updated with a report of a race Sunday in a very long while. what a shame. I will make sure to correct this. I have tickets for 29/5 race day and train tickets to Borgo S Lorenzo already booked and I hope I'll survive to tell the tale. Would highly appreciate it if anyone maybe has some more recent info and tips.
I have one question that isn't about transportation. I heard that some fans out of the 100K people that attend may be very fond of one particular rider and may act in an unrespectable manner towards other spectators who wear clothing featuring his opponent. I hope this isn't as widespread as I've heard but I'm a little bit concerned. My ticket is for the far upper left of Materassi. I do know that Marc Marquez fans sit at the far right of this Tribuna (newer Materassi, smaller one). I plan on wearing my Yamaha T-shirt and just want to know if I should worry. I know a few football fans who almost died getting in at the wrong side of the stadium, I just want to avoid anything of this sort.

Thanks!

Hi,
I see this thread wasn't updated with a report of a race Sunday in a very long while. what a shame. I will make sure to correct this. I have tickets for 29/5 race day and train tickets to Borgo S Lorenzo already booked and I hope I'll survive to tell the tale. Would highly appreciate it if anyone maybe has some more recent info and tips.
I have one question that isn't about transportation. I heard that some fans out of the 100K people that attend may be very fond of one particular rider and may act in an unrespectable manner towards other spectators who wear clothing featuring his opponent. I hope this isn't as widespread as I've heard but I'm a little bit concerned. My ticket is for the far upper left of Materassi. I do know that Marc Marquez fans sit at the far right of this Tribuna (newer Materassi, smaller one). I plan on wearing my Yamaha T-shirt and just want to know if I should worry. I know a few football fans who almost died getting in at the wrong side of the stadium, I just want to avoid anything of this sort.

Thanks!
Ciao GalAsh,

We would highly appreciate an update on how things go, I am not sure it was here on the forum but we have had feedback of it being really packed and having ended up walking (along with everyone else), several miles to get to the trains.

As far as the fans and safety - I have never, ever heard of any type of fight or violence breaking out at the race track in Mugello and I have been here for 20 years. So I can understand there being vocal jeering and cheering, but the race track is definitely not like the football stadiums. The "violent" games in those cases are actually only between certain teams, so many people take their kids to games. It is pretty safe to go to the stadiums nowadays too! So think you will be fine wearing whatever you want!

Ciao GalAsh,

We would highly appreciate an update on how things go, I am not sure it was here on the forum but we have had feedback of it being really packed and having ended up walking (along with everyone else), several miles to get to the trains.

As far as the fans and safety - I have never, ever heard of any type of fight or violence breaking out at the race track in Mugello and I have been here for 20 years. So I can understand there being vocal jeering and cheering, but the race track is definitely not like the football stadiums. The "violent" games in those cases are actually only between certain teams, so many people take their kids to games. It is pretty safe to go to the stadiums nowadays too! So think you will be fine wearing whatever you want!
Thanks!
Happy to hear there are no safety concerns in Mugello. It’s also great to know that football stadiums are safe in Italy. I wish this was the case in my country. Here in certain games they block off a whole tribuna between the different teams’ fans and placing multiple rows of barricades there, with a policeman at the end of each row. So again very happy to hear that Italian fans are more mature.

Let's say most people are on their best behavior and at almost all of the games nothing ever comes up. There are a few teams that are "historical" rivals and, for those matches, the police do need to be on alert, with empty bleachers acting as space margins in the stadium. But those are the exceptions and not the norm and occur every few years, not often.